Friday, February 13, 2009

A Nerd Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day tomorrow, which got me contemplating whether nerd love might exist. There are all sorts of fetishes for those who enjoy Furries, or feet... or as we saw in a recent post, equine farm love. But could it be there are people out there with nerd fetishes? *shudder*

Well, my worst nightmares have come true. A very disturbed individual in the San Francisco Bay Area composed a lengthy list of reasons on Craigslist about "Why Geeks and Nerds Are Worth It...". Fine, I'm an open minded person, I will give her the benefit of the doubt before I make my final conclusion. Here is a sampling of her most compelling arguments:

Nerd Lover Reason #2: "They’re useful. In this tech-savvy world, it’s great to have a b/f who can make your laptop, desktop, and just about anything else that plugs into a wall behave itself."


Whoa... I'm feeling a little flushed. This girl just might be on to something, I mean, Captain Kirk's Love Thrust? Look at that form!

Nerd Lover Reason #3: "They’re more romantic than they’re given credit for."

I must say, until I get a love letter with this much passion, my life just won't be complete. Oh Jessica, I hope you and your nerd stalker have reconciled. Otherwise, how can there be hope for the rest of us?

Nerd Lover Reason #4: "Due to their neglected status, there are plenty to choose from."


Wait a second, aren't you supposed to be convincing me on the merits of nerd lovin'? Try HARDER.

Nerd Lover Reason #7: "Sex. Yep. Sex. They say a virgin wrote the Kama Sutra... ".

Please tell me he is at least leveling up or this is just too sad. Yes Heidi, I know it's slightly horrifying that the act of leveling up would rectify this scenario for me.

Nerd Lover Reason #9: "You won’t have to worry about him flirting with other women because, 9 out of 10 times, he’ll zip right by them in a perfect b-line towards the nearest electronics store."

First of all, said nerd better be packing a significantly bigger and better mouse than THAT. Second of all, where exactly is that mouse plugged in?

Nerd Lover Reason #10: "Although he may not want to go to every outing with you, you can arrange swaps, as in, you’ll go to his Gamer Con dressed as an elf princess if he’ll take you to the ballet."

Oh Jessica! I knew there was hope! I'm so glad that things worked out. Let me know when the baby shower is, I have just the place to get baby stormtrooper gear.

Alright, I have thought about all this evidence long and hard. Can I look past those coke bottle glasses, the pungent smell of Mountain Dew and the closet full of larp paraphernalia?

My Conclusion:

If you are still on the fence, you can read the complete list on why to pursue a nerd romance here:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html

Author's Note: I really do apologize for the excessive amount of underwear shots. It hurts me too...

3 comments:

  1. sweet holy jesus christ... 403 undies. i'm trying to think of something more awesome, but... i keep coming up 500.

    that's it, i'm going to die alone. i'm ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take a nerd over a jock any day of the week. As long as he considers daily bathings de rigueur, I'm there!

    Although, I have to admit, referencing Darth Vader in a love letter is a bit much, even for me. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romantic Larping Jesus, Will work for WoW gold seeking Night Elf Maiden for long walks in South Shore.

    Hurry! Going fast!

    ReplyDelete