Monday, May 18, 2009

The Return to the Nerd Kingdom

Last week I took a vacation from the nerd kingdom that is my job. I had high hopes of completely extricating myself from the unhealthy habit of nerdy activities for a full week. I relaxed, did some gardening, went shopping... saw Star Trek with Heidi, researched Fanboys, looked up when larping season begins, installed a "beta" version of Windows 7...
DAMMIT.

There's no escape. This really dawned on me a few days ago, while I was watching Grandma's Boy, (a stoner/nerd flick that revolves around a bunch of video game testers with no lives.)


At first the movie made me think that maybe I could be a video game tester because that would be cool. UGH. Then I made a comment on a nerd's interior decorating choices in the movie, which mostly involved binary wallpaper:

ME: Binary!? Lame...
Anonymous Nerd: You knew it was binary, LAME!

Yes, I was dissed by a nerd. And then, just when my self esteem couldn't get any lower, the evil uber nerd character JP who consistently talks in a robot voice walks into the room and says:

"Hey Samantha, look, sorry I can't make the dinner tonight, I just got the new season of Buffy on DVD and I'm gonna kick it at my crib and watch the bonus features."

Dear lord, I'm this guy. One trip to the trench coat store and I'm set:

It's all too horrible for words. At least I have two more seasons of Buffy to console me.

No comments:

Post a Comment